Mediation & Conflict Coaching
Where do you need some extra help?
Communication skills training can transform relationships between your employees, volunteers, co-workers, students or living companions.
Decision-making, team-working, problem-solving and job-satisfaction improve when people feel confident in handling difficult situations.
A wide range of training packages for individuals and groups is available, including lunchtime, twilight and half or full day sessions.
Previous clients include:
- Sheffield Hallam University Student Support Services
- Teach First and Teach Direct
- Staff and students within schools across Sheffield and in London and other areas (via CRESST)
- Sheffield Occupational Health Advisory Service (SOHAS)
- A large international NGO
- Campaigning and political groups
- Various charities including Mediation Sheffield (MESH), Conflict Resolution Education in Sheffield Schools (CRESST), RUBIC Community Cohesion Project, West Midlands Peacemakers, Body and Soul
- A+ One, Integrated Highways Services
- Sheffield-based Co-housing Communities
Jenny’s passion for passing on skills to others and equipping them to handle difficult conversations is infectious.Carolyn Leary, Programme Director, CRESST
I have over ten years experience and practice of Non-Violent Communication, undertaking regular training and supervision from Jayaraja (Mindful Communication trainer and experienced NVC facilitator/mediator). Jayaraja trained with Marshall Rosenberg, among other NVC trainers. I qualified as a mediator in 2015 with Peaceful Solutions (Mediation Skills and Theory) and gained further training, skills and ongoing support sessions from CAOS Conflict Management (Mediation, Conflict Coaching). I undertake regular CPD training and supervision in line with National College of Mediators requirements.
As a fully qualified and experienced teacher (QTS), I specialise in providing engaging, informative and useful training sessions for people of all ages and backgrounds who want to develop mediation or communication skills.
I work closely with several Sheffield charities, as well as providing relationship and workplace mediation, coaching and training across all areas. Recent work has included:
- Mediating relationship issues, online and in person
- Large group processes for campaigning organisations
- Providing training in secondary and primary schools, charities, workplace, and community co-housing projects
- Online conflict coaching sessions for individuals who want support with a specific situation or feel ‘stuck’ with an issue
- Mediating neighbour disputes over noise, property and communication difficulties
At the heart of my practice is an ability to listen with full attention and to ask open questions that encourage reflection and support self-empowerment in clients. I use the NVC model to stay in touch with the unmet needs and values that can fuel conflict, reflecting these back where appropriate.
I am motivated by the belief that every person has the insight, tools and power to make a real difference in their own lives, if given the right support and space. Nobody wants to be stuck in conflict or tension. Mediation works because it helps those in difficult to understand themselves and each other more deeply and to co-create ways forward.
My standard rate for organisations is £75 per hour.
I offer a sliding scale for individuals and charities, please contact me for more information.